Envision is a research-based authority on experiential learning programs that helps students develop the essential applied skills, behaviors and knowledge they must have for college, career and life success in the 21st century.
Envision EMI and LeadAmerica, two of America's leading experiential education organizations, recently united in 2012 to create the "Envision" brand that makes up more than 20 programs for students who want to take a more proactive role in shaping their futures.
The newly branded Envision brings together, under a single brand name, the programs from LeadAmerica, the Congressional Youth Leadership Council (CYLC), the National Youth Leadership Forum (NYLF), the National Young Scholars Program (NYSP), the Presidential Inaugural Conference and the International Scholar Laureate Program (ISLP) for college students.
All Envision programs are now integrated into a comprehensive learning continuum that offers introductory, advanced and international programs to give students the edge they need to make the most of their futures.
Since 1985, Envision has served more than half a million students in more than 145 countries with programs designed to help students develop the leadership, scholarship and career skills needed to succeed in today's competitive college and career landscape.
Key Envision Milestones
- 1985: Congressional Youth Leadership Council incorporated to provide high school students with leadership training.
- 1985: First Presidential Youth Inaugural Conference.
- 1985: First National Young Leaders Conference (NYLC) held in Washington, DC.
- 1989: Congressional Youth Leadership Council partners with National Capital Resources for curriculum development and program delivery.
- 1992: National Youth Leadership Forum incorporated to help prepare high-achieving high school students college and career success.
- 1992: National Youth Leadership Forum selects National Capital Resources for curriculum development and program delivery.
- 1992: First National Youth Leadership Forum on National Security (NYLF/NS).
- 1993: First National Youth Leadership Forum on Medicine (NYLF/MED).
- 1995: First National Youth Leadership Forum on Law & CSI (NYLF/LAW).
- 1998: National Capital Resources renamed as Envision EMI.
- 1999: Congressional Youth Leadership Council offers first international program, the Global Young Leaders Conference (GYLC).
- 2001: International Scholars Laureate Program created for college students.
- 2003: First Junior National Young Leaders Conference (JrNYLC) held for middle school students.
- 2004: National Young Leaders State Conference (NYLSC) held across the United States.
- 2007: Envision EMI acquires the assets of the Congressional Youth Leadership Council and the National Youth Leadership Forum.
- 2010: Envision celebrates its 25th anniversary since its founding as the Congressional Youth Leadership Council.
- 2011: Envision EMI is acquired by the Leadership Platform Acquisition Corporation, an affiliate of Gryphon Investors, a San Francisco-based private equity firm with a strong commitment to education.
- 2012: Envision EMI and LeadAmerica merge under the new "Envision" brand.
- 2013: Envision launches new "Envision Experience" brand, combining all of its programs into a sequentially organized continuum of offerings for elementary school, middle school, high school and college students.